Ralph has started his own Treasury Management Advisory company in 2011.
Adding Market Value to your business is Ralph his mission.
For example Ralph expects to increase your company his market value by:
- reducing the Weighted Average Costs of Capital (WACC);
- increasing interest yields;
- reducing interest costs and bank charges;
- reducing Working Capital needs;
- migitate currency risks;
- enter company hedging strategies etc.
MSc. Ralph van As QT is Owner and Director of Van As Treasury. Ralph van As is Chartered Qualified Treasurer. He studied Business Economies and Finance. He has more than 12 years experience in financial management, treasury operations, liquidity management, global cash pooling, cash planning, cash flow forecasting, transaction management, flow management, risk management, foreign exchange management, interest management, banking relations management, working capital management, project management, investment analyses, Selection plus implementations of treasury related software and IFRS disclosure requirements especially hedge accounting (IAS 32, 39 and IFRS 9). Monitoring financial markets and following global economical developments are some of his passions.
- Ralph is furthermore still employed at ASICS since 2008 as Corporate Treasurer. He manages Asics Europe Group his Front, Mid and Back Office Treasury Management activities. ASICS is a sports wear company world wide presented.
- Ralph his role as Senior Treasury Consultant at Deloitte Advisory Services B.V. was to advise corporations and financial service industry in treasury management including treasury technology. He worked for Deloitte from 2007 untill 2008. Deloitte is a consultancy firm world wide presented.
- Ralph worked for Achmea Holding N.V. as Cash Manager in treasury operations. Ralph was the link between treasury operations, operating business, accounting and financial management from 2002 until 2007. Achmea Holding N.V. is a subsidiary of EUREKO N.V. a large Dutch insurance company.
• Ralph worked for Sun Microsystems International B.V. (Sun) as Senior Accountant. He worked at Sun from 1999 until 2002. Ralph was responsible at Sun for treasury accounting and commisionaire accounting. Sun Microsystems Inc. is a large American IT company and recently aquired by Oracle Inc.
Education and software knowledge
-MSc Ralph van As is Chartered Qualified Treasurer and holds a master degree in Treasury Management from NIVE.
-Ralph studied Business Economics and Finance at the University of Professional Education of The Hague, specialized in Banking and International Business.
-System knowledge: MS Office, Exact, SPSS, SDW, Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, SunGard Quantum and GLOBE$ Treasury Management Systems.
• Ralph is project manager to implement a Treasury Management System for his current company.
• Ralph is evaluating cash pooling structure of a new aquired company in the Nordic regions.
• Ralph implemented a hedging strategy and policy for US$ and GBP exposure for his current company.
• Ralph has implemented hedge accounting in line with IFRS (IAS39.88) including hedge effectiveness testing at his current company.
• Ralph was responsible for a wallet sizing programme to reduce bank charges.
• Ralph was responsible to set up an European treasury manual.
• Ralph managed the business processes for a SAP Treasury implementation;
• Ralph performed and managed a bank selection project. The goal was to cut bank relations to optimize cash pooling structure and to manage bank accounts more efficiently ;
• Ralph has set up a treasury policy and manual for a mortgage subsidiary of a large American bank;
• Ralph advised a real estate company to refinance the group from a treasury point of v iew;
• Ralph was team member of a TMS project at Sun Microsystems BV, the implementation of Sungard Quantum treasury management system at the EMEAheadquarters.Quantum was used at Sun as sub ledger system of Oracle Financials.
• Ralph managed a due diligence project on the mortgage portfolio of a major Dutch bank.
• Ralph was part of an Impact analysis project on IFRS 7 (accounting for financial instruments) for a large Dutch dairy company;
• Ralph wrote treasury management articles for several financial magazines.
Courses relevant for profession
-August 2007-Cash & Treasury course of Euroforum, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
-December 2005-Globe$ XRT Treasury Management Training at XRT , Antwerp,
-December 2004- International Cash Management Training at RiskMatrix in co
operation with ABN Amro N.V. , Driebergen, The Netherlands
-January 2002- Foreign Exchange Accounting training at Sun Microsystems
Inc, Corporate Treasury Department, California, Palo Alto, USA (Part II
Greenbelt EMEA Function)
May 2001- Foreign Exchange Accounting training at Sun Microsystems Inc. ,
-Corporate Treasury Department, California, Palo Alto, USA (Part I Greenbelt
-February 2001- Assertiveness and Influencing Training at Sun Microsystems
University, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
-December 2000- Treasury Management Software training at Sun Microsystems
Inc. , Corporate Treasury Department, California, Palo Alto, USA.
-September 2000- Foreign Exchange Training of basics at Citigroup Inc. ,